I am a forever list-makers. It is how I keep my thoughts organized and how I keep myself sane. I have a perpetual to-do list on Evernote–actually, I probably have several–that grows and shrinks depending on the day.
For 2015, I have decided that I need to do a better job of holding myself accountable. I have things that seem to live on that to-do list and never crossed off. Like to finish making photobooks from my trip to South America. Ya know, the one that Sam and I took three friggin years ago. Three years and we still don’t have all of our pictures printed! Well, that’s changing this year.
And you’re going to help me with that.
No, I don’t expect you to make a photobook for me, but I am relying on you to hold me accountable. I have decided at the beginning of each month to list my SMART goals for the month and to let you know how I did with them the following month (thanks to NJ for the inspiration!).
So what are SMART Goals?
So I have about a gazillion things on my list, and maybe it’s completely unrealistic to expect that I will get everything done that I set out to do, but it’s a learning process. If I have way too much on my list, then I know to pare it down for next month.
Also, this month is going to be really interesting for me, as Eve’s nap schedule has shifted. She seems to have finally switched from two naps to one, which is great in that it should theoretically be easier to get out of the house and do things with her as before we only had about a four-hour window to do anything between naps (and if you have ever been a parent, you know just how much of that time is spent just getting out of the house). The bad (for me, at least) is I’m losing some valuable work time. So basically this month is a giant experiment in time and planning for me and I truly have no idea what I can realistically accomplish, but we’ll find out!
(By the way, noticed how I’m blogging on a Tuesday, which I don’t usually do? Well, yet again I have too many blog post ideas floating around my head and after making an editorial calendar for the month I have decided the blogging three days a week isn’t enough. I’m not going to attempt to blog every day for a month again–at least, not this month–but I am going to try blogging every day Monday through Friday for the month of January. We’ll see how that goes.)
And now, on to January’s SMART Goals!
Family & friendships
- Go on two dates with Sam
- Organize a potluck dinner
- Make plans with 3 friends I haven’t seen in awhile
- Organize 2 activity-based playgroups with Eve
- Take Eve on a museum outing
- Sign Eve up for swimming
- Reach out to 3 businesses regarding potential wholesale accounts
- Make large hoop earrings [I have some design ideas floating around my head!]
- Apply to at least 3 shows
- Fix 10 posts from blog transfer
- Participate in Blog Clarity’s Pinning Better course
- Watch half of April Bowles-Olin CreativeLive Course, Create Digital Products That Sell While You Sleep
- Finish bookkeeping from 2014
- Reorganize categories section of blog drop-down menu
- Write a tutorial blog post
- Do another vlog
- Go to at least one networking event
- Finish t-shirt rug I started
- Participate in Sketchbook Skool sample course
- Recreate the tasty lasagna recipe I made the other day and write it down
- Go to gym or exercise class on average of two times/week
- Go to Shabbat services at least once
- Stretch in the mornings
Home & organization
- Print photos from South America trip & wedding to hang up
- Hang up art work in living room & dining room
- Organize Evernote [remember those multiple to-do lists I mentioned? My Evernote is basically a virtual version of my horribly messy workspace]
- Make a photobook of Chile & Mendoza, Argentina [instead of aiming to finish all of the photos from the trip, I’m going to aim for doing one section of photos]
- Upload photos from the camera onto my computer from the month
Do you set monthly goals? How do you keep track of everything you want to get done?
Are you ready to learn how to make beautiful jewelry with ease?
Join 596 subscribers and get your free guide, 5 Must-Have Tools to Start Making Beautiful Jewelry Today. You'll also receive awesome tutorials & updates delivered straight to your inbox!