This post is sponsored by cashback shopping site Giving Assistant and contains affiliate links. However, all opinions are 100% my own and I’m really happy to have the opportunity to share this with you!
It’s 9:00 on a Tuesday night. After an hour-long battle getting your kids in bed, you finally have a minute to sit with a glass of chardonnay that is calling your name. You push aside the pile of crayons, board books, and dolls that are piled up on your couch and plop down. Just as your take that first blissful sip, a wave of panic hits you.
You remember you forgot to buy the toddler more diapers at your trip to Target that afternoon.
You’re down to a day’s worth of diapers, maaaaaybe a day and a half if you stretch it. The next day is packed with school drop-offs, chaperoning your kindergartener’s school trip to the science museum, and an important phone meeting with a client in the afternoon. With your husband is returning home late from a work trip that next night, there’s absolutely no way you can make it to a store in time.
Thank goodness diapers are a mouse click away. You reach for your iPhone, pull up the Amazon app, and order three packs of diapers for your toddler, paying a little extra for expedited shipping. It’s worth the premium for peace of mind.
In this modern world we live in, where we’re often running from one activity to the next, balancing family and work responsibilities, not to mention trying to squeeze in a few minutes to find time for ourselves, thankfully the things we need for our families are often just a click away.
What if you could buy the things your family needs this conveniently and easily save money?
What if you could also easily give back while doing so?
How you can easily earn money with cashback shopping while giving back to your favorite charity
Giving Assistant is a free online loyalty program that easily allows you to to save money AND donate to charities while making purchases online. With a portal of over 1,100 retailers, such as Target and Best Buy, and an average of 5% cash back, it’s a no-brainer when it comes to cashback shopping for your family.
I recently tried out Giving Assistant for the first time. Although we primarily use cloth diapers in our home, we use disposables overnight and on trips. Since Eve is in the midst of potty training (we’re so close!), I also wanted some training pants that she can easily pull up and down herself when we’re out of the house for a long time.
With a jam-packed schedule, it’s challenging for me to find time to get to a store that sells the type of diapers I want for Eve, so I end up purchasing them online. I was thrilled to see that Honest Co is one of the retailers available through Giving Assistant for cashback shopping. In addition to easily stocking up on something I need, I am also able to earn 5% cash back.
It was incredibly easy to do. Just choose what company you want to shop with, and click on “Shop Now” in the top right corner.
You’ll be redirected to that store’s website. From there, just shop as you normally would.
Just two days later I received an e-mail from Giving Assistant that I had already earned my cash back! I’ve been using a similar program for years, and with that one it takes months for my cash back to be deposited into my account. You can access your cashback when you have accrued as little as $5.01, and can choose to have it sent via check or PayPal.
In addition to the cashback, two of my favorite features of Giving Assistant are access to coupon codes for major retailers. For example, I accessed a coupon to save $10 off my purchase. With each coupon code used, Giving Assistant donates a meal to a family in need through Feeding America.
(As of the time I wrote this post, they have donated nearly 600,000 meals!)
I also love the giving aspect of the site. For some retailers, such as Amazon, you earn 1.5% of every qualifying purchase as a donation to any charity of you choice. Plus, Amazon Smile will donate another 0.5% for a combined 2% of every purchase donated.You choose how much of your cash back you want to donate to charity on an adjustable scale, and you can choose what charity they will donate to.
Try out Giving Assitant yourself and earn $5.00 the first time you use it in addition to the money you’ll earn from cashback shopping at the places you already shop for your family!
Get free shipping on your first order!
Get access to exclusive sales and updates delivered straight to your inbox! You'll also get instant access to a coupon code good for free shipping on your first order of minimalist eco-friendly jewelry for every day wear emailed to you (good for U.S.-based customers only).