Hi! My name is Eve, and I’m taking over my Mama’s blog for the day. How cool is that? Twenty-two months old and my first blog post.
I bet you’re pretty impressed! Sometimes she likes to do this thing called #AskAwayFriday with other bloggers, and today my buddy Des asked me 10 questions that I answered. (Ok, so really my mom answered them because even though I speak pretty well for my age I’m not this good. That would be really impressive!)
Some of you might know Des. His Mama, Tamara, has her own blog, Tamara (Like) Camera. I also got to ask Des questions that he answered over there. Des is older than me and actually answered the questions himself. I hope I can do that when I turn three!
1. We went to Legoland together over the summer. What was your favorite part of it?
Well I didn’t like that ride at the beginning with all those scary Lego creatures — thankfully my mama held me and made me feel better — but I really liked playing with the Legos in the big play area. I REALLY liked throwing all the little Legos onto the floor. Sometimes there is nothing more hilarious than throwing things on the floor! For some reason Mama didn’t think that was a very fun and made me pick them up and put them back.
2. Asking your favorite food is such a loaded question. So I’ll narrow it down. What’s your favorite ice cream? Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? Fruit? Vegetable? Drink? Animal? Just kidding, I know not all animals are food.
My favorite ice cream is whatever my parents will give me! They don’t give it to me very often, though. I call it Happy Guy when I see them eating it. For breakfast I love eating my parents’ cereal — eating their food tastes so much better than eating my own food, even if we’re eating the exact same thing! For lunch and dinner, it depends on the minute. For example, sometimes I really like hummus and the next meal it’s yucky. Last night I picked all of my broccoli out of my pasta but the pasta was super yummy. Today I might eat broccoli if you give it to me. The best part about being a toddler is being super fickle about food from one moment to the next! I like to drink milk sometimes but what I REALLY want to drink is Mama’s coffee but she won’t let me! Sometimes grown-ups aren’t very much fun.
3. Are you allowed to watch TV yet? Have you ever really loved a TV show or movie?
Mama sometimes lets me watch Curious George while she clips my nails and I always ask to watch it but she usually says no. I think after I turn two she’ll let me watch tv more. I know she wants to watch some Disney movies with me!
4. What’s your favorite book before bed? What’s your favorite song before bed?
Do I have to pick just one? One of my favorite books is Goodnight Moon. Hard to go wrong with a classic! I don’t really have a favorite book, but I do like to read lots of books before bed. Lately my favorite song to sing is ABCD. When I’m in bed I also sing Frere Jaque and the goodbye song to myself. I sing goodbye to everyone in my family, including my Auntie Danie and her boyfriend.
5. I know your parents take some really incredible trips. My parents dream of doing the same, both with and without me. What do you think is the dream trip your parents want to take with you?
I’ve heard them say that they want to go to Puerto Rico and Alaska. They were going to take me to Alaska this past summer but then they went to Istanbul and Greece instead without me! If I hadn’t had so much fun hanging out with my Nana and Grandpa in New Jersey I would have been really mad.
6. Your mom makes some incredible artwork. Do you ever help her? Do you think you will be an artist too?
By “help” do you mean trying to walk off with her supplies? Then yes! I do really like to look at her jewelry she’s wearing and sometimes she even lets me wear one of her necklaces. She tells me one day she’ll teach me how to make jewelry. I think that would be pretty cool! I like making art. I aways want to paint and color with my markers. Really, anything that I can do to make a big mess is fun for me!
7. What are your plans for fall? Is there anything on your toddler fall bucket list?
Apple picking and pumpkin picking seem like they would be really fun! Last year I was still a baby and too little to do those things. I’m not sure if I can lift a pumpkin, although I am pretty strong. Mama tells me we’re also going up to Portland this fall to visit a friend. Mama and Papa have been there before and it sounds awesome! It’s right by the water, which I love to swim in. Do you think they’ll let me swim in the ocean in October? Of course now that I can walk and jump I also have to jump in a pile of leaves!
8. What about the holidays? How does your family celebrate the winter holidays?
We go down to my Nana and Grandpa’s house for Thanksgiving, except for two years ago because I was less than two weeks old and my parents were too tired to drive down to New Jersey then. We also of course celebrate my birthday, which is November 17. We light the menorah for Chanukkah and we give presents on New Year’s Day and visit Baba and Deda (that’s what I call my other Nana and Grandpa). My Papa is originally from Russia where New Year’s is a big holiday.
9. Sometimes if I don’t get enough exercise or play, it feels like I will just burst and I run through the house screaming. What’s your favorite way to let off steam?
Besides scream? I like to push my Baby in her stroller (Baby is actually a bear and not a baby doll), color with markers and paint and make a big mess, and go to the playground.
10. Winter is tough and our moms tried to get us together last winter, but it seemed like someone always had a virus or there was always just too much snow in our state. So I’m formally asking you to hang out with me in the spring. Where should we go?
I like that idea! I had a lot of fun at Old Sturbridge Village last spring, especially when we looked at the animals. There are so many fun places to visit in Massachusetts. I also want to visit where you live in Northampton. I hear it’s a pretty cool place! Maybe some of my Mama’s readers can suggest some fun places for kids to visit in Massachusetts.
Where do think Des and I should meet up next spring?
Are you ready to learn how to make beautiful jewelry with ease?
Sign up for the newsletter and join 850 subscribers to receive email updates & tips about jewelry making. You'll also get instant access to the FREE guide, 5 Must-Have Tools to Start Making Beautiful Jewelry Today!